Councillor Cherry Beath has represented Combe Down since 2007, and topped the poll in the May 2015 Local Elections. She has two grown up sons and lives with her husband in Combe Down. She has a professional background in the Criminal Justice System, and experience in small business. Cherry has held a number of senior roles within the Council, including Cabinet Member, and Mayor of Bath (2014/2015). She has a record of prompt response to residents’ concerns, and a strong track record of achievements for Combe Down.
- Overseeing the completion of the Stone Mines Stabilisation Project.
- Overseeing the re-instatement of Firs Field, securing interpretation boards. Currently working with Officers towards Centenary Field Status.
- 20mph zones for all residential streets.
- Many transport safety improvements.
- New roundabout and pedestrian crossings.
- New play equipment.
- Upgrades to footpaths and shared use route.
- Overseen the delivery of first Zero Carbon Development in Bath, set in Combe Down.
- Cherry has continued to work closely with residents in representing their ciews and concerns to Curo, in the development of the former Foxhill MoD Site, and the plans to regenerate parts of the Foxhill Estate. Work going forward, see “Six to Fix”