We have continued to work to see improvements to our Bus Stops over the past two years, and we lobbied to save the half hour No I Service, which had been planned to be less frequent.
We now have a new bus shelter in The Avenue, and improvements in Church Road, including the new shelter in the picture, and in Combe Road. In progress now are improvements to bus stops in North Road and opposite Prior Park School. Kerbs have to be built up to conform to the Disability Discrimination Act, which becomes law soon and all the buses will be “low floor” allowing flat access for wheel chairs.
Cllr Roger Symonds said:
“The improvements will be followed by electronic information for many of these bus stops, and throughout the city, to tell waiting passengers exactly when their bus will arrive”.
Replacement shelters due to be installed from Spring 2014
· Route 2 / stop 1 – Foxhill Hutments
· Route 2 / stop 3 – Hadley Arms, North Road
· Route 2 / Stop 8 – Ralph Allen Drive, Priory Close
· Route 13 / stop 3 – Queen’s Drive
· Route 13 / stop 5 – Kewstoke Road
· Route 13 / stop 9 – Bradford Road opposite Shops
· Route 13 / stop 10 – Bradford Road opposite Entry Hill